View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
(copied and pasted from my post last week in another thread)

I've been busy with my transmission project as of late but I was able to get to taking the valve spring measurements today so that I can get the valves and cams ordered.

For the stock valves I got an installed height of 1.12 for the exhaust and 1.10 for the intake.

For the stock valve springs I got a seat pressure of 40lbs and an open pressure of 104lbs (compressed to .79).

We can reduce our base circle on our cams 2mm without cutting into the fiillets and that will give us the room we want to increase lift and duration. I'm going to get valves made 2mm longer than stock to match so I measured my seat pressure at 1.20" The combination of the stock outer springs with the new inner springs work perfectly. The seat pressure at 1.20" is 60lbs. Putting us in the 60-66 lbs range for both intake and exhaust--perfect.

The same combination compressed to 0.820" is 160 lbs. So that's our pressure at 9.4mm actual lift which is a little higher than what we'll see with 9.6mm on the lobe. Figure our intake open tensions will be a little on the shy side of 155 lbs and our exhaust open tensions a little over 155 lbs--perfect.

Coilbind height for this combination is .725" giving us .465 free travel subtract 60 thousands standard extra clearance that gives us .405 which equals 10.3mm safe lift (comfortably more than we'll be getting out of our cams).