View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 07:39 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
The guage has a problem in that it is too accurate and does not read high enought for the kinds of vacuums you can expect. It does how ever have two inputs, a low and a high so it is possiable to put test point on either side of the restriction being test. In this way it ignores atmosphere.
I plan to drill in test points at various locations along the intake so as I can measure the restriction at each step.
Tony you saying that the gauge has a high and a low input relative to the scale. The specified maximum pressure of 100 would indicate that a second high connection will provide an alternative scale of times ten of the dial figures. Blow hard and test both.

This would mean that two ranges of sensitivity are provided for, but both would be against atmospheric pressure. An instrument measuring a differential in pressure as I see it, would be rather different in construction.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and you can be sure that all is as you say.

P.S. An exhaust system working as an extractor will assist to increase the rate ot flow through the intake. However this will have no bearing on the degree of obstruction imposed at restrictive points, which is the essence of your interesting exercise.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 02-04-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: P.S.