Thread: h6 project
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico i wrx u View Post
well i want to ask this question on this site becuse you guys would know more about this.

i am planning on takeing out my svx motor out my svx soon....... know some pepole might think he is going to stick it in a gc impreza but i really dont want to use a gc8 for this swap.

i just got a very clean 1991 legacy turbo and i want to put the svx motor in this car..... i cant find pics of the ecu but i seen some where that the ecu has the same plugs as a legacy turbo........ would someone know if the plugs are the same? also would some one have the ecu pinout of the svx so i can match things up?

also i know there is more room up front of a legacy turbo then a impreza to have a factory rad and fans work.

i have both cars so if i need to run the extra wires to make the coils work its not a problem.

thank you

nico.
Not as easy as you would hope... Tried to do this with an OBDII ECU and a 99 SUS... I ended up starting all over with running the whole OBDI harness out of an SVX..> Seperate the ECU harness from the main on the svx harness. Then wire it into the main harness in the Imp. Be ready to cut the rad support and fab a new one

Tom