View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:02 AM

Re: Camshafts for the EG33.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Yes I do Bazz, it is a stock 95, it has a wide, strong torque curve that Subaru has used, that is centered the torque on the usable speed range that the car is designed to do. It does this service very well, I have no need to change it.
My need to build engines for other uses, has diminished as my capacity to do it has, but I have leaned a lot over those 50 odd years in Auto Engineering and like to assist those that are doing it now. I leave the building to my son, who you may meet one day at Wakefield Pk. with a Peugeot 306, with a mid mounted turboed 4lt Toyota V8.

I don't have to actually do the build on this engine to prove that the theory is sound, I have used it on many bike engines both two and four stroke and have found it to be well founded. As it is a lot cheaper to build a single cylinder engine to do the R and R. Now I only have to use a Lotus Engineering program to do all the engine cylinder work, I can try different timings, lifts, track lengths, to get the torque curve that the engine will need to do the work that it will have to do.
I will apply this theory to Tony's engine to get the best usably result.
Cheers and beers.

Harvey.
I have no doubt the theory is good. I was just hoping you had an EG33 with cams etc. Bike engines give you a good idea but at the end of the day they still only give you a good idea and from that you still need to build an EG33 and spend time testing to find out if the theory is on the money or not. On the other hand Jack's EG33 gives us some brilliant results to go by - it's good proper old fashion proven theory... which is my type of theory. Unfortunately in the turbo EG33 land there isn't a lot of proven setups so I'm relying on my EJ2X experience which is proving nicely thus far.

P.S. Are you able to stick the stock engine into your computer and see what it comes up with at 10 / 15 psi with the stock manifolds. Would be interested to see how close it is to reality. Turbo is a GT35R, from here: http://www.turbobygarrett.com with a 0.82 rear.

Last edited by bazza; 08-05-2012 at 09:05 AM.