View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
500+WHP would take a lot of time and money. Me and YT are around the very low 300's now and to get another 200whp.... Eeeesh I don't even want to think as to how much $$$ it would take. Not to mention the car would lose all daily driving capabilities.
Svxual mentioned 500+ hp, but did not mention wheel hp.

When you relate outputs for the EG33 with the EJ20 turbo engine, 500+ hp at the crank does not seem to be a big ask from the engine, and I can't see it being mega expensive.

The standard EJ20 with turbo & intercooler gives about 280 crank.

Working this figure up to a displacement of 3.3 litres gives 280/2.0 X 3.3, which gives us 462 crank horsepower from the SVX engine. This implies the EG33 will give us 462 horse in the mild state of tune of the WRX. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they run about 17 lbs pressure in WRX trim?**

** Calculator says 18 lbs required for this hp.

An Sti might be giving 340 @ crank, so the same displacement sum yields 561 crank hp from the EG33 using Sti boost figures.

Now I don't know what an Sti normally boosts to, but my calculator shows 561 hp requiring 26 lbs of boost delivering 930 CFM of charge through an 85% efficient intercooler. Engine crank output figures, not at the wheels.

This will obviously not be done for pennies or buttons, but the EG33 is such a strong basis for more power, it will be done relatively cheaply. The secret as I have said many times before is in the charge cooling.

Who's going to be the first to show 500 on a dyno, then, eh??

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl