View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
The scales are definitely way out of balance!!!

Lee
I'm sorry you see things that way Lee, and I have no way of knowing how much of the background antagonism you have read or kept up with.

The general situation we had to deal with was one of personal animosity between two or more members. Warnings were issued that the tone of the posts [plus the tone of signatures!! ] was way out of line with Network rules.

So far out of line we were aware of members leaving the forum because they were fed up with the constant aggravation.

The posting rules thread is stickied, and everybody posting here is supposed to know what the few rules are and observe them. The Mods consider this an adult forum, and so we apply a hands-off approach on account of this, letting members push the boundaries and express their opinions in a robust or in a jocose fashion all the time.

Until it degrades to insults and name calling and veiled threats that is, then we advise and warn.

In this situation the limited sanctions available to us were applied in sequence.

Warnings were given.

Time out was given

[multiple repeat behaviour after time-out=> ]

Permanent ban is effected.

Exactly as outlined in Infractions of the Rules.

And yes, this does also imply that Benebob will qualify for a permanent ban if he comes back and consistently breaks the rules after his time-out, just as happened with Jason.

Nobody pays me for being a Moderator, and I accepted the position when asked because I knew I was dealing with a large number of people I like who behave responsibly. I have better things to be doing with my time than constantly, constantly and repeatedly warning and advising aggressive posters they are breaking the rules.

Hopefully this discussion will mean that warnings will be taken seriously in future, we will have less aggressive and insulting posts, and we Mods can all go home because there is nobody to ban.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl