View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 04:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
Now that Reading VII is over, it would be nice to have comments from those there about what they liked and didn't like about being back at Morgantown again.

Overall, I think things went very well. Management seened to be as accommodating as possible during our stay. Michael Turner, General Manager, talked with me several times over the weekend to check on everything and see if all was well.

Seeing how the weather was bad, it was really nice to have the large indoor cocktail lounge that stayed open so late (Those who remember the Denver HI for Reading V, the bar was very small and inside the restaurant, which closed at 10:00pm)

Anyway, post your feelings and observations in this thread so that they can be communicated to management.

John,

Even though I complained to you privately about our room, while we were there, both Rosie and I agree that we should hold Reading VIII at the Morgantown HI again. Once the initial probs. with the room were corrected, all went well. I especially liked the fact that the bartender did not care that I was BYOBing it in the bar with the scotch.
We think that the bad weather had a positive effect on the group. The motor heads were under the canopy doing their thing and enjoying themselves immensely, while the non-tech gifted congregated inside and to discuss different things and got to know one another. All in all, the poor weather allowed everyone to find their own comfort zone.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!