View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naim
Well, I found a local shop to repair the alternator for $60...
I figure that should get me back into the game...

Actually I called what is the place Beav mentioned he got the parts from, Transpro or something like that...

They do not sell parts to the public so you are stuck going through a shop and paying a ton even though this can easily be a DIY repair. In the days of old you went to Whitlock and bought a rebuild kit.

Well, after telling the guy at the shop that Transpro recommended him after refusing to sell me the parts, he got real fair on the price...
Must have had sympathy for me knowing that I was capable yet because I cannot attain the parts I would have been otherwise raped.
Well hopefully in a day or two I will get it back.
P.S. 90 day warranty
Yeah, transpro did the same thing to me. however i just made the shop order the two parts for me... after waiting a week and driving about an hour and a half to a shop that transpro told me was in the same zipcode anywho, ended up being that the regulator he gave me was teh wrong part. now i'm selling both parts for anyone that wants to rebuild theres.. i had to pay 180 for a napa rebuild to get my car back on the road

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker