View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 02:43 PM

UPDATE:

I changed out the Bosch platinum +4 plugs (25k Miles - shame on them) for Denso Iridium, found and plugged not 1, not 2, but three holes in the intake tube...time to start looking for a replacement I guess.

Drivability is now much better. Still have an occasional miss at idle (like dropping a cylinder every 3-5 seconds at idle). Light to mid- throttle is fine now...haven't really tried WOT. Maybe need to do some throttle body cleaning, also probably time to change out the PCV valve.

Two things I'm still worried about (any help, especially on #2 would be welcome):

1) the sound of air around the intake - the hose from the intake to the regulator for the purge canister is VERY hard & brittle, could be a leak under there - maybe some day I'll pull the whole thing & replace hoses - for now a spray of carb cleaner to the places I can do with with it all together do not yield any results, i.e., no stumbling like the cleaner is being sucked up - but the again I can't see the end of the hose for the purge canister either, so....

2) Alldata says the EGR should hold 8" of vacuum and cause the engine to stumble - I can apply vacuum and get the stumble, but it won't hold it, I have to keep pumping to see any effect.