View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 04:41 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Talking You are correct thser!

Yep you got it right, it is indeed the one in Denville. Good thing the guy was too busy today for a test drive.

Even though it was not today I went with my best friend to see the car. He then told me I should ask for the keys so I can get an inside look. But before we did that, my friend noticed the crack on the windshield, it looks more like the type of crack a small rock would do. It does not seem like it would inhibit my view since it seems to be below the steering wheel, but it brings up other problems. My friend also noticed this SVX only passed inspection in Connecticut, so if I take it the NJ one they might see the crack and instantly fail it. As for the door jamb, it seems to be only a problem with the passenger side door and my friend told me that could be fixed with WD-40, is that right As for the inside, like I said before and now confirmed it is pristine. From your experience, do SVXs generally have an interior in that sort of condition? For the sunroof, I heard that there are issues with the sunroof in some SVXs which result in giving it a push or at least moving 20mph in order for it to work well, then again I never really used any of the electronics other than the door lock. Which brings me to the alarm, it seems a bit quiet with no sound except for being heard inside the car (one mini honk) and can somewhat be heard when opening the car (two mini honks).

Anyway, I hope since the car has been sitting out for a month more I can have some luck in getting it for 2500. I also found a black 92 SVX on autotrader with about 92k miles on it, and it is about 25miles from me. But the question is will have as good an interior as this or exterior for that matter since the person never posted an actual photo.

Unless any of you can hook me up with a Jersey guy/gal selling his/her SVX.

As for the white one I am hoping for a test drive on Monday, my friend also called up his uncle who is a mechanic to perhaps come over and help check it out for me. If the engine is in good condition and if the door (which should be cheap), sunroof and perhaps windshield to be fixed, I might take a max payment between 2900-3200. The whole color thing does not seem to be too much of an issue for me, but it is nice to know, thanks.

As for the trunk if that is fixed, if that is even the issue and be able to be opened, perhaps I can find out how many bodies I can fit into this thing.

Last edited by Weebitob; 09-24-2004 at 04:58 PM.