View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 07:43 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Looking at 1992 SVX (need help)

As I mentioned in my last thread I am looking at an SVX, which is, pretty much right by me. It is a pearl white 1992 SVX with approximately 126,000 miles on it. Now other than a minor ding on the front left side right by the hood and some dirt a braised on it, the body seems to be in very good condition. When I checked the breaks they looked rusty but the discs did not look too warped, then I again I don't have any experience in warp/ing discs so can you help me on how to detect that. Mind you that this is being also sold at an automotive repair shop that specializes in transmission and the guy told me that he rebuilt the transmission since the person he obtained, claiming to be his friend, had an overheated thus busted tranny. The interior looks very nice with no sign of tears on the or barely any, if none, carpet wear (the leather sears still look black as ever considering it is 12 years old).

Now I am planning to purchasing tomorrow with a price he stated as a solid 4k even though $4,959 was written on the window, this might not give me that much room to haggle, even though I thought of bringing the price down $200 at most.

Can you tell me what signs would point to it being a lemon in any way. I am intended on test driving and hopefully buying it tomorrow afternoon at 4:00 so any responses until then would be helpful.

Thanks

And don't worry I am not installing any mods immediately, even though some new brakes might make me feel a bit more comfortable and/or unless you state otherwise.

Last edited by Weebitob; 09-23-2004 at 10:27 PM.