Thread: Job Poll
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by huck369
I'm a CAD draftsman, designer, so I design and draw up Structural steel for whatever the company is working on at the moment, so I work in AutoCAD all day, staring at the monitor...will be blind in a few more years , been drafting for 20 years, and as for pay....lets just say no where near what I should...but jobs are hard to come by around here, and it has insurance, and a retirement program...so I stick around...
Got bills to pay, and 3 daughters and a wife to feed....
I used to recruit for people in the Engineering industry when I lived in the greater DC area. Good CAD draftsmen were always in high demand. Especially if they had Microstation 3-D which was the software that the Government purchased and the engineering firms were using on the re-construction of the Pentagon...

You have a cool job Huck, and I agree with you, CAD people rarely get paid what they're worth. Is your CAD manager at least a nice person?

-Chike

P.S. Kinda how you'd like to own your own bike dealership, I'd love to have my own performance tuning shop. Kinda like what Shiv Patak does for the EVO's and STI's (Vishnu Performance).

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)