View Single Post
Old 12-23-2001, 05:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: sorry to say goodby

Quote:
Originally posted by jmcassin
Well it had to come to this some day.

I have owned my 92 black SVX since 1997 and it currently has 121,00miles on it, but i am going to give it up for what some of you might think is blasphemy. On fri I will take delivery of a 99 loaded vette. It has only 9,000mi and it is a six speed; something I have been desiring for years (manual tranny). It is black just like my baby is, but with a little more underneath the hood. I'm sorry to see her go, but I just have a bad feeling about the tranny....the AWD died again, needs frnt struts etc. I only drive it on the weekends now so It needs a tender home with someone who will care for her. I will either trade it in or if anyone wants it in the MA, NY CT area you can have it for a cheap price. I fear where it will go at auction, hopefully to a good home.
I have bee a member here and the yahoo site since the begining and although I dont usually speak up too often; I always am around. I thank everyone of you for your help and community over the years. Your guidance has saved me countless dollars in do it yourself fixes or proper parts choices(Aredubjay, eddycat )especially. I have some left over items/accessories that I sure can be useful to some of you , I will post them on the wanted, for sale forum. Just email me for more info. Its too bad there was not a new Svx to buy, because I would surely do it.

I thank you all,

godspeed and smooth shifting!

jim cassin

Jim,

I'll be looking for you in that beautiful black 'Vette at the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet. Hope you can still make it.

Larry III
PS: Best of luck with the "Vette. Enjoy the Holidays.