Thread: E-Z pass
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 08:35 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII
The 'special cr*p' in the winshield is a titanium oxide coating. The metal particles in it difuse UV rays from the sun. This keeps the vinyl on the top of the dash from aging and cracking. This coating also difuses microwave signals that are emitted from such devices as cell phones. garage door openers, EZ-pass transponders, and radar guns. That is why these devices don't work well in an SVX. On the plus side, you will be protected from harmful radiation from a nuclear power plant accident in an SVX, if you park facing the plant.

The external EZ-pass transpnder is a black, horizontal rectangle; approximately 5.5"L x 1"D x 1.5"H. It has holes which align with those on the license plate holder for the front bumper. I've had one mounted on my SVX for about 5 years now. It has not given me any problems.

Good Luck.

Oh.

So that would explain why my cell phone wouldn't work when I put it on speaker and tossed it on the dash...thereby distracting me so I almost wiped out the toll gate on the way back from Jersey.