View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Power Light-Solenoid A

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldnwoody44 View Post
I have posted on this issuse before, but yesterday the problem has become worse. my power light flashes occasionally leading to the SOL A code. my manual button is disconnected so I cannot run the diagnostics anymore. But when my car is cold, usually first thing in the morning it does not take off well. It almost feels as fuel isnt getting to the engine but I know its the tranny. I depress the gas and the car will not move for a second then it will just sputter until the tranny catches. Usually after a block of driving it is fine again. The engine doesent rev out or anything it just doesent want to move. Im not sure if the SOL A is the culprit. It seems to help if I let the car warm up for 10 minutes or so, but even then this sometimes happens, usually not as bad. I was told to check the drop resistor behind the battery, but I dont even know what that looks like, nor do I have or know how to use a voltmeter. Can anyone shed some light on this for me Please. Its a 4.44 tranny ive had for a few months and I just want it to run right
Thanks
From what you say, it does not seem to be a transmission problem, seems to be an engine fault. Why do you think the flashing Power light is for Solenoid A, if you can't run the transmission diagnostics.

"I depress the gas and the car will not move for a second then it will just sputter until the tranny catches"

This sounds more like the engine is causing this. The transmission would either rev like it was in N, or it come up to stall at 2500 rpm, then leap away. If the dropping resistor was at fault it would have hard changes.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.