View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 07:46 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Performance transmission build

We're ready to install the pump now so it's time to install the pump gasket to the case. There are two nuts that hold the pump to the case. After I torque them I torque the pan bolts. When I installed the pan earlier I installed the bolts with a screw driver so they were loose enough to let it be nudged by the pump if necessary.

Now it's time to install the differential. I always use a new seal pipe. This is what keeps your atf and gear oil separate. You need your mating surfaces chemically clean so you get a good bond. Prep solve is the best solvent to use but others would work acceptably too. Ultra-grey is really the only acceptable sealant to use. You don't want to forget the rubber bushing for the fluid pass through and you should lube the ends of the seal pipe with petroleum jelly.

One of the bolts attaching the differential to the transmission also holds the fill tube. It's best to install the fill tube now. You want to put all the differential bolts in finger tight, then torque the little bolt at the bottom of the fill tube down, then torque the differential bolts.