View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
I hope you did good today. Post your results.
Official results aren't posted yet. I had a co-driver who finished 4th in class (I was 3-4 spots back in a 16 person field), but he ended up 0.8 seconds behind the winner (Matt Arnold - 20th at Nationals in '05) who was driving a fully prepped 330i which won Nationals in '05 (in the hands of his co-driver GJ Dixon).

Once the reuslts are up, I'll be sure to post them here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
Do these struts handle and stop better?

How much change for the ride quality?

I hope you get better times with them.
The handling is greatly improved. Car resets much faster during quick transitional elements, and there's much less brake dive. Ride quality is a little stiffer - but not jarring in the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles
So did you have to learn the handeling all over again?
In a way yes, but in a way no. The car is handling much better now, and I have to get used to how much faster the car can slalom now. My co-driver typically competes in an '06 WRX on Tokico D-Spec struts all around, so he's used to a car that transitions quickly (he cross-threaded 3 studs and had to co-drive with me at the last minute). My car is set-up a lot more loose than his (his words, not mine), so he did have to get used to everything.

Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)