View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Re: Speakers for my 92 LSL

I got all the new speakers mounted tonight. Sorry no pics... I caught a nasty cold and didnt feel like taking time to snap off some pics. I will get some of the tweets I installed in the stock location... thats easy! LOL

Anyway if and when my WRX HU ever arrives I am curious how to connect the crossover to the front component speakers. Here is my crazy half-baked plan:

Using the adapter harness, cut the wires between the WRX radio and SVX connector for the front speakers/tweeters (if they have separate wires). Attach the radio side wires to the input of the crossover and the "woofer" side to the 6 1/2's. Then, if there are separate wires for the stock tweets, connect them to the "tweeter" wires on the SVX side form the crossover. If not I will have to run dedicated wires from the new tweets. I was thinking of zip tieing the crossovers up under the dash somewhere or even in the center console.

Seems simple enough? LOL I hope so! Why go this route? I really dont feel like trying to run dedicated speaker wire into the doors since the stock wires are already in place.