View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I'm not sure but you may well be right. I wasn't thinking of that. I'll have the test bunny pay attention to that too. If that is the case then I will make a seperate version for cars with manual transmissions. When I am in front of the factory service manual I will pay attention to if the signal to the cruise control computer is actually coming from the ecu or if it was originally just on the same circuit. If they are just on the same circuit we can wire them seperately so that the ecu always thinks it's in N but the cruise control only thinks it's in N when the clutch is pushed in. Even if the cruise control computer is getting its signal from the ecu if its just a high/low switch we can wire it seperately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Quick question, wont wiring the ECU to see nutral all the time disable the cruise control? I thought that was why we set the car up to see nutral when the clutch was pushed in. That way the cruise control could be used and it would shut off if you pressed the clutch in. I've also learned to not push the cltch in until the engine is below 2000rpms when stopping. That seems to prevent the stall, because the engine is under load still while stopping.

Last edited by longassname; 01-08-2007 at 12:53 PM.