View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 04:24 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
The Amadeus definitely has the wagon thing covered, looks like they made at least 2 prototypes (look in Lwin's locker 2 colors). But I was thinking more of a SVX coupe just badged as an Outback model, ie Andy's mods plus a raised suspension, etc. Like they did in the mid 90's with the Outback SUS (Sport Utility Sedan). It was a Legacy SEDAN (not wagon) with all the cladding, bumpers, etc from the wagon, and raised up like the wagon. In the commercials Paul Hogan drove it around the city through potholes and such and was wearing a tux maybe? You know, somehow inferring that because it was a sedan it was less of an outdoorsy SUV then the wagon version. I pictured them doing the same with the SVX.

One thing I never noticed about the Amadeus before. It is obviously SVX sized and shaped and has our windows, but notice how many differences there are. Almost every body panel looks to be different, extra little angles, bulges, etc here and there. And the front end, far from any area affected by the "wagonizing", is quite different, more modern headlights, grill, bumper, everything. I wonder if this would have all been little things that would have come out on a '98 SVX that never was.

Sorry guys, my job is to find little details and it carries over I guess.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...