Old 06-16-2001, 04:18 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
A-Fordability

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
the 49 Ford Concept...my Next family car..!!! I just like the idea and think from paper to the real thing, this car is beautiful..
SVX vs Soarer.....Soarer wins because of the HP advantage and the mods available....but when I bought my Soarer, I sold my burgandy SVX only to get a Pearl White one...I swore Id always have an SVX in my garage.....great to just drive all the time and would love take 30 day trip across the USA in my SVX sometime..comfort and all its ammenities! As for Skylines, they are great too, the people now importing them are KooKoo on their prices....so bringing in your own and having it converted would be much smarter and cheaper. There are about 4 different models of Skylines out there though.......base model non turbo, some are AWD, I think the M Spec is the top of the line AWD twin turbo rated at a mere 290 hp and underated big time by the manufacturer.....overall, I like the looks of all of them.....and each have some great points!
We used to have a large family sized car here called the Ford Granada, you Statesiders would probably class it compact or sub compact. All of these cars had lovely balance to the design, except the last version called a Scorpio. The car was pig ugly, and I am being unkind to the porcine population here. The main market was to the police, who want to look anonymous anyway.

Nice to see that somebody somewhere in the Ford organisation understands that a car can look elegant, and still do the business.

Agree with you about the Soarer. Unlike the SVX, you can buy one with the utter certainty that everything will work like clockwork, and you will not be at the mercy of some main dealer who sees $$ signs every time you pull into the garage. You can also tune the hell out of them if you want to be a sociopath.

The Skyline. If an SVX is a Jaguar, then a Skyline is a full 4 seater Porsche. There are a number of models, but as we're talking coupes here, forget the 4 door variants. There are two main coupe types that make it here[as imports] These are the 2.5 Litre GT-S, rear drive 250 hp, and the 2.6 litre GT-R, all singing, all dancing 380 hp 4-wd. Neither of these cars is a slouch. Obviously the GT-R is the Porsche candidate, but the GT-S is the bargain. Being turbo, they can be chipped up easily, and they are quite roomy. In fairness though, you would get as much performance for your money by getting a Subaru WRX, but it will always look like a saloon if you can live with that, and the brash youth owner profile.

The significant other in my garage is a Matra Murena. This is a 2.2 litre mid engined French sports car with three seats abreast. If I can get a digital camera, I will post some pics of it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl