View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Gas Leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydan View Post
It is parked outside, but i have been noticing this behavior over the course of two months or so. I mean, I guess that is always a possibility, but someone would have to be hitting my car up on a regular basis! I also have my Legacy parked right next to it, and the gas always seems OK in that car.

In the absence of any other explanation, I guess I could go old school with a locking gas cap!
I cant think of another logical possibility. If a leak were bad enough to noticeably drain your tank, you would definitely smell it. If the fuel system was dumping that much fuel in while it was running, it would smoke and run horribly, if at all.

I think the locking gas cap would be a good step, and maybe a note that reads "You're on hidden camera ****face !!" and place it in there oriented in a certain way so you can tell if the door has been opened.

I can imagine gas thieves hitting the same car over and over, especially if its parked in the same position regularly, always has gas, and they take only so much where they think you wont notice.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.

Last edited by SoCal LS-L; 08-04-2009 at 07:39 PM.