View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 01:21 PM
The Molinator

Question Brake Warping/chatter ~~~~~~~~

I'm having front rotor warping now after a few months of much better braking since installing SS brake lines, EBC Green pads front/Akebono pads rear, and rebuilding (cleaning, new seals) of all calipers. I think the pins on which the floating rotor slides may be the culprit! When I took them apart, one side was "stuck" with lopsided wear (one pad still thick, other pad fairly thin!). I was told to just clean and lubricate with the grease that comes with the pads. Now, someone has said that that grease is not good enough, plus maybe the pin was slightly galled! I have ordered both "pins" for both front calipers since I can't remember which side was stuck before (and I'd like both to be GOOD).

WHAT DO YOU THINK, Guys? Am I on the right track, or what else could be going on? My car brakes about 50% better now! Is that causing increased stress/warpage on rotors? Before these "repairs" only my rear rotors warped (twice in two years). Now it is just the fronts (over just a few weeks/months)! MY FRONT (and rear) ROTORS ARE NOT TOO THIN!!

YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!