View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Hater

Re: Video of the BRZ GT300

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnblatt View Post
If you get these cars to a track occasionally it's fun. And yes, spirited drives to work or on a weekend are worth it! Living in LA, it didn't happen often enough for me... $35K wrapped up in an STi that rarely saw excitement was not worth it for me. Someday again I will own one.
that's why i got rid of the SVX - it is a great grand touring highway cruiser .... that never saw the highway with me.
don't forget to check out the EVO before you go STi shopping!

Quote:
The BRZ can never have all wheel drive. The configuration won't let it... unless they do a serious redesign. The engine sits 10" further back and much lower in the compartment (better weight balance) because there is no front differential talking up room. So this is one of the first Subaru's that does not have the engine poised in front of the front wheels, but behind them, in classic sports car fashion.
understood, but i wish it did have AWD. the Impreza/WRX/STi's are now the size of the old Legacy, and the new Legacy is a giant bloated pig. i wish the EVO was smaller and lighter, but its the closest thing to what i wanted in a car, besides maybe a 911 turbo.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)