View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 06:28 AM

Radiator Replacement

Good afternoon!

I'm in quite the predicament and was hoping to draw on everyone else's experience here to see if there are any options that I've missed.

From a previous thread, I've got a crack in the top of my radiator that just won't stay patched. I've tried a couple different epoxy methods and, while they held up for a few days, ultimately, coolant still seems to find its way out!

Its no secret that Subaru doesn't make replacements anymore. I've been made aware that AMR Engineering has a solution but they don't respond to any methods of contact and it seems like they're only interested in bulk orders.

Other than AMR, the few other aftermarket vendors I found all indicated that they no longer produce their replacement models. So, beyond sourcing another used one from someone here and hoping it survives, are there any other options that I'm not aware of?

Has anyone successfully installed one from a different model Subaru? or perhaps a non-vehicle specific one? It is killing me that something so, relatively, simple is keeping my otherwise drivable SVX off the road!

Thank you all for your input!

-Dan

1996 Subaru SVX LSi (Red)
2019 Subaru WRX LTD