View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Trunk Fuel Resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Flysyle,

(1) You advise "the module passed the same continuity checks that I placed the original part through." I presume that by "module" you mean "modulator". I can not find any previous reference to this check. The modulator should only pass current and show continuity when switched on via the ECU as it constitutes a solid state relay. Please provide details regarding this continuity check.

(2) You also advise "I tested the ground on the bracket holding both the fuel control module and the fuel resistor". Was/is the metal modulator/resistor assembly still hanging unmounted or is it now bolted in place and solidly connected to ground ?

(3) You advise " I have not yet gone under the car to inspect where this part "dropped" from but you just added to my list of items that I can not explain. Could this item be involved in the grounding and have become detached when you removed the modulator/resistor assembly ?

(4) Have you at any time checked the original resistor for a short circuit between its plug connections and its metal case which should become grounded ? I keep pressing for this information for a good reason.
First post-holiday update. Sorry for the delay

1. Yes, I meant the modulator. The continuity check consisted of opening the modulator and checking that each plug ping (four in total) beeped when touching the solder point on the circuit board.

2. I checked both. With everything disconnected as well as attached to the car & bracket.

3. Unlikely as its at the front of the car by the engine while all the fuel components (modulator and resistor) are in the trunk.

4. I am not sure how to actually perform that check.

I also wanted to mention with more testing:
  • There is continuity between the positive side (as labeled on the plug) on the resistor and the other on the bracket.
  • There is continuity between the resistor pin and the corresponding modulator pin

With those two tests I believe the wiring between the two (modulator and resistor) are not an issue.

Thanks again!

Last edited by theflystyle; 12-28-2018 at 12:09 PM.