Thread: The SVX and you
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 11:48 PM
What do you mean wrong SVX?

Re: The SVX and you

I'm going to agree with you on all points but one; the transmission. Despite my awd not working and the breakband being adjusted (the latter expected over time, and they made it accessable externally for that), I've read countless threads on people replacing their transmissions 2, 3, 4, and one guy even 6 times, and all within an unreasonable amount of time/mileage. I've had plenty of old cars with original auto and manual transmissions that still shifted great and have seen a great deal more abuse (think Trans Am) than most of the aformentioned SVXi ever have, and they haven't blown to bits. Sure, the 4EAT is fine with the 4cyl cars with higher gearing as well, but the only redesign it ever saw when they put it into something with 2 more cylinders and 1000 more pounds was different gearing. They're pretty ****ty. The only saving grace is that Subaru back then was making the transformation (and set the example for) that Hyundai is making now.

The only other complaint I have is the lack of decent OEM struts :P Konis are cooler anyway.