View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 10:24 PM
cosmecar

Camshaft Seal Intall

Hi guys,
I have got to say that my SVX experience has not been a very good one. It's has just been one thing after another with this car. I have yet another problem with it. I was trying to sell it and the guy that was interested in it took it to a Subaru dealership and had it looked over for any problems. He paid a pretty penny for this which is actually beneficial to me. We the diagnosis was returned there was a Camshaft Seal that needed to be replaced. I noticed that it was burning some oil but I didn't know where it was coming from so atleast now I know where to look. Subaru quoted $500 for this repair. The problem has now gotten worse and I'm having to add a qt of oil about every 5 days. I would really like to sell this car and get rid of it but fear this leak will prevent any sell. I was thinking of replacing the seal myself but have no clue where it would be and how hard it would be to do this. I looked on Advance Auto's webpage and there were three Chamshaft Seals I could get. They ranged anywhere from 5-30 dollars. Also I would like to have sort of a diagram to look at to ensure proper instilation of this seal. If anyone knows wher this seal is located exactly, knows how hard it is to install this and knows where I could get a diagram of this procedure I would greatly appreciate it. Something that would be ideal would be a quick fix. Maybe I could put a bead of something around the outside of it. Anyways thanks in advance guys I really appreciate it.