Thread: Parting out
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 12:37 PM

I understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Well, the one that I'm parting out was rear ended by a dodge ram and pushed into the rear of the car infront of it. Both the front and the rear have major damage. I started to part out another car before this one, but when I got it home it wasnt in to bad of shape. I converted it to a 5-speed and sold it at a small loose. Most everyone on here would much rather fix one than part it out. Just in some cases it's really beyond hope and in most cases the parts from one wrecked car help to keep 5 others on the road.
I understand if it is beyond repair or it is not the fault of the owner. In that case sure help out someone in need. I am for that with no problem. but at least try and salvage it so someone can either fix it. Don't just junk one because of the expense of fixing it. Let someone else have a chance to do it and make it road worthy.With parts still around someone just might want to fix it up. It might take a month or 2 for someone to find out one is around to fix up but give it a chance to survive. I explain that in my post before. I replace a trans in one of mind a lot of money but i knew that when i bought it that it could happen. People got to relise this when buying one parts are not cheap and hard to find. I am in the process of getting one more with a bad trans in it but hey it might not be all that bad. 600.00 you can do one yourself if you got the knowledge or know someone that has and willing to give a hand. That is if it just not destroy all the way.