View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow...GM, then Chrysler, then Ford.. but they are still so far behind toyota, honda, hyundai, lexus... the list goes on, and includes subaru.
Wow you probably should check your sources again. "So far behind"?! Depending on how you look at it, they're not even behind. At this time, the only two cars in GM's lineup that don't currently have a 5-star J.D. power rating are the sunfire and cavalier - and that's being taken care of literally as we speak. As for trucks, GM's trucks are currently the most reliable fleet out there according to just about all the important sources. I should note however that the only real competition in that category is ford and dodge, because no one else has enough of a line to compare fairly.

My favorite test though is the used car lot test. Go to a certified used car lot (one that is affiliated with a new car dealer). Look at the trucks on the used lot...if you are at a Ford dealer I bet you will see mostly fords and a couple of dodges...maybe ONE chevy, if it's a dodge lot you'll see alot of dodges, maybe a few fords, however at a chevy lot you will see lots of everything but chevys. Does this mean they are more reliable? Not necessarily. It doens't really "prove" anything. I just find it very interesting that lots of people trade in fords and dodges on chevys, but far fewer trade in chevys on anything but another chevy.

Oh and by the way, you used "Hyundai" in a sentence about good reliability. You should probably avoid that in the future if you want to look like a sane human being.