View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: AWD Closing the doors

Ugh, how'd I miss this. Damn it, I knew I should have picked up my GC/Koni suspension setup earlier. I know you said a number of posts up that you have no struts left - does that mean no stock struts? I guess there's no chance you have any of the Koni / GC kits left laying around?? Or a pair of good black doors w/ bronze glass?

Tom, Mike, my dealings with you guys were brief, but memorable. Around this time last year was when I bought my basket case of a '94 sight-unseen from some guy in Connecticut (yeah, don't do that - lesson learned). I drove it all of 5 miles before you guys got it. Anyways, in a couple weeks, you guys transformed it from a filthy, oil leaking, rotted exhaust having POS that wouldn't top 50mph into a usable car again. And even towed it from a mall parking lot nearly 100 miles from your shop when I couldn't be there to be that guy to say "no officer, he's not stealing it, I own it!" All of this for a complete stranger off the internet. If that's not fantastic service (and something of a leap of faith) I don't know what is.

Sorry to see the shop go, it will be missed.

Tom - you still kicking around that "other car" idea we talked about a bit a few months back??