View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 09:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Re: Bent Hub and/or Knuckle Assembly

Yes, all after the "accident". I am so meticulous I would have definitely noticed this issue beforehand. Also worth noting is that I do notice at highway speeds the rear will wobble or seem to fishtail at random times. On a highway going about 60 - 70 miles an hour, no turns, straight shot the car just kinda wobbled on the rear drivers side. Hard to explain, but think like when you're walking and your knee just gives out? That kind of feeling.

Is it even possible to install a right side strut on the left side? I would have noticed a difference no? at the very least the brake line brackets would have looked out of place no?

There doesn't appear to be any damage to the trailing links or lateral links. I had Old Tom look at this issue about a year ago and we were unable to come up with a cause. Also brought it to a subaru dealership and after they figured out what it was, they too couldn't figure out the problem (given their lack of knowledge with the car, i didn't give much weight to their inspection).

Leading up to this I replaced EVERYTHING in the rear suspension...all new bushings, powdercoated the rear sway bar, lateral links and hub assembly, new wheel bearings, struts, springs and strut mounts. Really anything could be the culprit however the passenger side is fine, so that leads me to think that the cause has to be isolated to the wheel coming off.