Thread: Turbo Update
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 12:09 PM

Logging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
You want to send me some logs? I would take a look at them and see if i could make suggestions. I need rpm/afr/btdc advance/egt/injector drives
phil
I can definitely send you logs. I do not log EGT. Suffice it to say I make sure that I go from about 400 or 450 to just a bit over 800 C from idle to redline. The AFR readings suck and are incorrect. They are logged from the narrow band, not the wideband. The wideband readings are very rich. Anywhere from 13 to 10. Everything else is there though. Advance, knock, RPM, MAF, MAT, Inj on times. If you like pm me your e-mail address. Preferably an address that will take large files. I will also e-mail you a link to download the tec2 program, which has a great way for you to look at the information rather quickly and efficiently. I've converted it to a spreadsheet but find these graphical displays to be useful. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

I have found it useful to check my MAF, RPM, and Advance numbers when a predetonation event is sensed. That way I can back down the advance from that point. I have been working (or winging) on a new map to try Saturday or Sunday. You may want to wait to see the result of that.