View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
Ok well after my SVX being in the shop from November 28th-January 11th I have successfully put 350 miles on my new front dif and now im experiencing some new problems.

The Bad:

~ When in Park, if I rev it the car will roll until it goes back to idle.

This should not happen. There is an adjustment required I think it is related to the length of the cable the shifter moves. And Silver Spear is correct. It will be wearing your clutches. Get it adjusted.

~ At idle there is a very distinct metallic rattling noise coming from the engine bay. Doesnt do it all the time and doesnt affect performance. Maybe an exhaust flange or catalytic convertor shield is loose?

This is usually caused either by the heat shields up over the cats, or else by a loose plate within the expansion chamber in the middle of the exhaust line. It looks like a cat, but isn't. Check the heat shields are not rattling first. If they are OK, it's very likely to be the baffles in the expansion chamber.
The baffles are more of an annoyance than a problem. But the moving in park will cost you dear if you don't attend to it right away.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl