View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
255 35 18's on my SVX

In our quest to get enough traction on our test car for ECUtune SVX Stage II, my svx, we got the 255 35 18's installed today. They fit awesome. I can say without a doubt that this is the best wheel and tire size combo for the svx. You can only fit this wide of a tire on this size wheel (8 inch wide +49 offset)so it's an expensive combo but what can I say--it's the way to go. They completely fill the wheel well while not being in any danger of rubbing, none of that negative camber stuff to try to make them fit where they don't. It's raining out and getting dark so I couldn't take many pictures but I snapped a couple off real quick.

I stuck with the pirelli pzero nero m+s because I like them so much on the street. It's definitely not the best tire for the track for the same reason I like them so much on the street. It's the best rain tire I've ever driven on. The huge raingrooves mean that there's a lot less tread and a lot more groove than most tires. Still we've stepped up the width of the tread by an inch and a half with these tires. Multiply that inch and a half by 4 and you have a lot more tread on the ground so it will definitely be a lot better even if we don't get rock solid instant traction with the big shot of nitrous oxide.