View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
With spelling like that, I wouldn't hire ya . Honestly maybe you should do what the majority need to do which is actually ACTIVELY LOOK FOR MONTHS! . Took me almost a year to find my first decent job out of college with duel majors and about 1/2 a masters to boot. Of course, I soon realized that working for someone sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
oops!... sorry i corrected it, will u consider me now j/k

You might want to check it again, just to be sure, and take a little more time with the spelling when filing out any applications on top of the resume you submit. (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Offcourse you are right, but i am having only 1 year to find a job and get someone to sponsor H1 for me.
-Pavan.
It's Of course, not Offcourse......I realize english isn't your native language, but be aware that some employers will take these things into account, becuase if you are making mistakes on "simple"* applications, they wonder what mistakes you will make on the job (and when it comes to computer stuff a typo can can cause Major problems)

Best of luck to you Pavan,
And while I understand the time constraints you are under, don't let the lack of response discourage you, as it can "bleed thru" (if you follow my meaning)
during interviews,and your attitude during the interview process can be (and usually is) as important in landing a job as your aptitude!

* I say "simple" because to someone whose native language isn't what english, a job application may not really be simple due to cultural differences.

Last edited by Rotorflyr; 09-19-2005 at 12:31 PM.