View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 12:23 PM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX
Re: Does anyone know how to reach LAN? Hydra/TCU issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan View Post
So when i got the Hydra uninstalled I was looking over the harness and there were 2 wires coming from the SVX side that were not connected to anything on the Hydra side of the harness. I looked them up and one was the TPS ground wire, and the other was labeled "Shield"

Tonight i am going to splice those wires into the spots where they belong and try plugging everything back in. Wish me luck!
Ray,

Make sure you splice the ground to sensor ground, if you have that specific pin available. If sensor ground is not an option make sure you don't ground it with other ignition grounds to prevent "noise/interference/ground loops". I would ground the "shield" to the body close to the Hydra. You should have a handful of other "shield" wires coming from crank/cam sensors. Where are those pinned to?

-Sam L.
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker