Thread: Whatd'ya think?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 05:21 PM
SVX Appeal

Quote:
Originally posted by svxthc
lol it's a joke trying to buy a car going from just pictures.
I bought mine based on pictures. ...then I drove hundreds of miles to confirm what the pictures showed before signing anything.

The lying sack of **** salesman gave me the pictures I asked for: Underneath the car, front and rear (to show oil leaks and rust,) a picture of the driver's side seat bolster (to show cracking of the leather,) and a few general body shots.

Guess what? The huge chunk missing from the seat back panel wasn't shown because the driver's seat bolster picture was taken from the passenger's seat. The general body pictures were great, because the salesman stood in front of each and every ding or dent and had somebody else take the pictures.

...of course, I bought the car anyway. Those minor problems weren't worth making a fuss over. I'm sure Satan is warming a seat for the salesman.

Minus the obvious cosmetic problems with the paint and body, the car you're looking at could very likely be otherwise just fine, but it is simply not worth $7k or even $5k with the body damage it has. With or without the damage, I still would not buy any car without seeing it firsthand, and more importantly, driving it.