Thread: More Drama...
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 03:56 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
A hiding to nothing

<<Despite the insurance company taking care of the damages already, I feel the need to respond to their ignorance independently, I know that my insurance company will eventually take this to court but meanwhile, this company is sending me ridiculous offers like $800. >>

These guys are on a loser, and know it.

G, you are getting good advice here. Please send these guys nothing more in writing, and I hope you have kept a copy of what you've already sent. You will need it for the lawyers or the insurance co. or both.

If you send them something they can not use in their defence, then they will choose not to use it in court. If, on the other hand, in your anger you send them something that will implicate you or the policeman or anything that can turn the table for them, they can and will use that. So it is their interest to irritate and inflame you into writing to them. Don't!

Pass anything you get from them to a lawyer, who can copy to your insurers. They are playing damage limitation games with you here. Choose not to play, and let your insurers give them the thrashing they deserve.

Best of luck with it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl