Thread: Window problem
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Thumbs up Re: Window problem

Drove up to Jerry's on Saturday, since he had experience with taking the door apart, and we made an interesting discovery.

It was not the sleeve lock regulator at all.....the cable had somehow slipped to the INSIDE of the regulator bracket and was stopping the window after about 3 inches of downward travel. It seemed to have a bit too much slack in it, but it still took a bit of effort to make it get back out of position again, and neither Jerry or I could see what would have made that happen. He discovered something that seemed to be a tightening adjustment in the lower front and succeeded in taking a bit of slack from the wire, and then we discovered the wire had slipped behind a guide wheel at the bottom of the door. That was put on track with an additional attempt to tighten it. We could still flip the wire out of place with our fingers, but we couldn't imagine what would make it do it on its own...no slamming of the door would seem to be the culprit.

Anyway, it works for now, and I got a good lesson in how to remove the door if it does it again. If there is another plastic sleeve that is supposed to guide the cable, we couldn't find it or figure out where it would have been located or how it could have been fitted.

I now have two regulator sleeves for the future when the current ones fail.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"