View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSides
"Perhaps Aredubjay will emerge from his hiding place, & provide us with enlightenment on this once beaten-to-death subject."

Ron, I'm sure it was "beaten-to-death" and I hesitated to bring it up again, but GM's use of rws on its light-duty pickup trucks and Lexus' use of rws on its "parks itself" LS450 has given me pause to wonder how an active rws system works. Seems to me that only low-speed use of such a system is practical because of all the position sensors and instant reaction mechanical gizmos that would be necessary for high-speed use. Passive, on the other hand, makes more sense to me for everyday driving, although I'm on the skeptical side when it comes to altering a car's "normal" steering response, especially at high speed. OK Aredubjay, send me something offline so we can trash this thread.
Preston
I'm just now finding this thread and can't help but laugh. The horse is dead! Long live the horse!

Nice to "see" you, Preston. I think of you when I visit my stepson and daughter in Dallas. Next time, maybe I can take a few extra days and look you up.

Take good care, my friend.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI