Old 04-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a12svx
A bit of an etiquette-failure here, I'm afraid - I posted a query in the Tech section without introducing myself first! Apologies for that, and thanks for the replies!

So, something about my car, if anybody cares: I bought my '92 from a dealer near Reading in 1998, an ex-company car which had been traded in. I had promised myself one at the 1992 Motor Show but had to wait a bit! I love it to bits - which is lucky as the transmission needed a good going-through (surprise!) in 2000. As I was sort-of living in Germany and it wasn't, it has spent abouit 4 years either in the workshop or my Ma-in-Law's garage until, back in Blighty again, I was able at last to resurrect it in January of this year. It is my daily driver once more (aaahhhhh).

I'm intriqued by the apparent Devon connection in this region; although I now live in Surrey (Addlestone) I'm originally from Exeter. Is that weird or am I imagining things? (I shall have to consult that pink scaly item that's walking down the wall.)

Hello A12,

I don't know what the Devon connection is, but there does seem to be more than the average numbers of SVXs originally sold in the West Country. Graham in Taunton, BTW, just another co-incidence, his car is A6SVX.

Probably you could put it down to the denizens of the SW region being a little more astute.

Or have deeper wallets!

Welcome to the club, be sure and post a bit more about yourself and car, and make the JAE show if you can.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl