View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxhunter
The drags caused us a lot of trouble. First we suffered from traction problems, of all things. The one problem I've never had with an SVX! It started with a slippery track, then we realized our Azenis probably had enough wear to be a little hard, so we switched to the Cooper Cobras we had along. Next we found that a piece of metal had fallen into the FWD fuse slot, slightly shorting the connection and delivering most of our power to only the front wheels (inconsistantly- whenever it felt like giving us trouble). Once we got our traction issues sorted out, we started getting some great jumps- many sub 2 second 60' times with a couple as low as 1.7 seconds. Unfortunately, the tranny we cobbbed together out of 2 cores finally started giving us some woes. Our great jumps were followed by nice firm shifts from 1st to 2nd, but when we got to about 65 mph the tach would just soar, as the tranny searched for 3rd. Occasionally we could find it by letting off a little, but it was extremely inconsistant and it was really late in the day. So, our great starts were followed by disappointing finishes as we simply couldn't find the gears. We never got out of the 15's. One pass was a 1.9 60' with a 15.0 second 1/4 mile at 86 mph. What the heck is that??? I never gave the car the full nitrous juice we were prepared for. I saw no point in risking the motor, if we couldn't get any top speed.
Svxhunter,

Sorry to hear about your tranny problems in the 1/4 mile. What did your best timeslip look like?

1.7-1.9 60ft times are in STI/EVO territory!!!!

-Chike

P.S. You siad you never gave the car a full shot of nitrous. How much of a shot did you use? 50? 75?

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)