View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
wow, I'd love to make it down there and meet a bunch of you guys, but I'm coming from the opposite direction so caravaning is out, unless huck might be willing to meet up with me somewhere along the way in his XT. And I believe my SVX is virgin enough to make it worthy for sacrifice, but I would also like it to stay in one piece. I may also need some troubleshooting help, my gas mileage is attrocious, a mere 15-18 mpg, any ideas?? I don't have a job yet for the summer and beyond, so this trip is definately do-able.
And Stevebsy, I've been wanting to meet you as well, that is a fine looking bumper you have cranked out down there over the border. Any plans for a featherweight hood? or rear bumber cover?
anyway, back to subject at hand, yeah, any of you guys heading down from IN/IL/OH/KY/TN want to meet up, I'm in.
You're welcome to caravan down with me, I hope to leave Friday morning, as I was thinking about getting in on the white water rafting....
Crash from Louisville followed me down for one meet....

As for you poor mileage, most likely culpret is the O2 sensors....not cheap....but not that high either as far as SVX stuff goes.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"