View Single Post
Old 07-13-2001, 08:50 AM
black-svx

Its the Sacramento Raceway (not speedway like I may have said before), it off of Highway 50 past Sacramento. If we are interested we might get something together. I'll fill you guys in so we can decide, but I am leaving soon so I can't promise to show. OK here goes

1st, you dont need to warm the tires before you run, and with street tires, its not even hardly necessary, usually its the really fast cars that do that. 2ndly, you will all want to go on a Wed night. Every Wed night at this place is the amateur night, and it is here where people test their cars out. They also have a little elimination round where they get a winner for the night too. Anyway, if you are running sub 14, you need a helmet, sub 12? you need a roll cage. Since we wont be running either, we can just get out there and go.

I have never actually raced either but its simple, and I can tell that there are lots of first timers out there on any given Wednesday. Wed Aug 8 looks like the best chance for me to go, starting at about 430 they run you to determine your handicap for the elimination round. Its nice cause at 430 its mostly newbies there anyway. Here is the link let me know if anyone wants to shoot for the 8th, I've got a new digital camera that I could get some high quality pics with. 6 bucks to watch, 6 bucks more to race, mostly musclecars and imports present

http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/sacwednite.htm

Last edited by black-svx; 07-13-2001 at 08:52 AM.