View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 06:37 PM

Re: AMR Engineering Update

SVXMAN2001, did you have a problem AMR? Was this recently or years ago?

I know a few years ago it seemed common to have problems dealing with AMR, but recently (last 2 to 3 years) things seem to have been much better. I've purchased things from AMR several times and I've not had any problem with the level of service. Both my AMR coil overs and radiator ended up taking less time that than estimated. I would definitely buy from them again.

The AMR radiator is the best that I've seem for the SVX. The OEM radiator is fairly poor construction with the plastic top section prone to cracking. You can make other subaru radiators work, but they don't have the correct pipe angles (you can work around that, but it doesn't look so great).

I wouldn't worry about things being a couple of weeks late, given the current events and that AMR seems to have changed management (and maybe short staffed).

For comparison: I tried to buy a AMR radiator from Truspeed, who claimed it was in stock (when AMR didn't have any). Turned out it wasn't in stock, but they would order it and it would be cheaper (they where getting a bulk discount or something I guess).... it took a year to get my money back from Truspeed...

In the end AMR seem solid, all be it a bit slow. There are less and less parts available for our cars, so I will support AMR as long as they support the SVX.

Good luck + my 2 cent on AMR.
Ian.