View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:45 AM

Re: JDM driveline swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
After looking over that, it does tap into the abs signals for the factory setup. What would you do for an automatic/manual switch if one is deisred? Or the e-brake cutout? Lastly, what about the lateral G/Yaw rate sensor?

I'm not trying to put you or Mike off on doing this, but the factory tcu without adding anything to the system will make a very crude DCCD controller. It would have to be always on, and would only be able to vary the amount of lock by using the TPS.
you could use the factory auto/manual switch and the thumb wheel, the auto/manual switch basically disengages dccd ecu and just moves control of the centre diff from the computer to the driver, the thumb wheel just varies current to the electro magnetic clutch in the centre diff.

what does the vtd tcu do for g/yaw? maybe it just uses abs input (and prop shaft speed sensor) to control torque split i'm pretty sure the tcu ties in to the abs module and many of the other sensors that the dccd ecu does

having owned a 05 sti with dccd versus a svx with vtd i found that the only time i used the manual part of the dccd was when i was trying to do burn outs or going side ways around corners but the majority of the time it was in auto but having the choice was good, where as in the svx i loved the feeling of hooking into a corner flooring it with the back end drifting out in a controlled manner before straightening up down the road, it was like the best of both manual and auto modes of dccd with out having to do anything, auto dccd is just a little to controlled for me and fiddling with i dial and driving at the same time is a bit clumsy but the option to dial in a setting for a specific purpose is handy

i like the idea of adapting our tcu to do this for us keeping things looking stock harness wise, torque split could be shown through the dash where the prnd321 indicator is with out playing with wiring and it would possibly be an easier plug and play option for dccd installs for 5 or 6 speed boxes. we have to buy an after market controller from dccdpro and the likes so why not adapt our tcu and pay someone (mike) for it
93 Liquid Silver SVX - sti 6 speed with R180 diff, my05 sti steering wheel, sti alloy lateral links, 19x8.5 275/30 42mm offset front and 19x8.5 275/30 22mm offset on the rear, 6 pot brembo caliper with 355 rotors front, 2 pot brembos rear
95 bright red SVX
96 emerald pearl SVX about to revive