View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:36 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
My torque converter is unlocking on the highway. I know why, I have my cooler plumbed to eliminate the radiator cooler, also it is front of the condensor, so it picks up NO heat from the radiator. Plus it is 25* or less for the past week.

When I'm running on the highway, it will be fine, but I watch my tranny temp gauge drop until it gets to about 100, the the TC unlocks. While unlocked the fluid warms a little and then it will lock back up.

My question, is will this warm - cool, lock - unlock cause problems??? Or is it just a minor annoyance. To fix it, I can either plumb it into the radiator, or even stick some cardboard in to block some flow...
If it is possible with the cooler you have, you should mount it between the condenser and radiator, as mine is. I don't think that any damage could be or have been caused, as this is after all a normal function. However you should do something about it on the basis of possible wear and tear. Lock up frequently hunting off/on, obviously is not desirable.

Blanking off some of the cooler could be a good stopgap, provide you do not overdo it.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!