View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 07:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
New SVX with a few odd problems

I bought a '92 white svx off ebay 3 days ago. I already love this car but the more i look at it the more i discover it has slight kinks here and there.

Has anyone ever had a problem if you turn on the headlights there is a buzz that sounds as if it is coming thru the radio? It almost sounds like a frying wire sound but it seems to come from the speakers.

Also the power steering has an issue. It will turn fine for about a quarter of a turn then stop assitsting so you have to really pull to get it to turn then it kicks in for another quarter then another hard spot. Sometimes at low speeds the power steering light will come on and stops assisting all together. The fluids are full, the seals were changed less than a year ago according to the paper that came with the car.

It also has an annoying rattle while accelerating that ive already come to find to be the heat sheild (common i know)

Also i was just curious while testing out the brakes i discovered the seat belts dont lock up for some reason (or at least not when you slam ont he brakes at 40) is there a problem or do they just take alot of force to lock up? I'm used to a '02 honda civic that locks up going around tight corners, maybe i'm just used to havign the seat belt cling to me.