View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Ok you bring up the point of 1993 bombing? You realize there is no connection at all to 9/11, and Ted K. was American right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Kaczynski

My point is terror can come from anywhere and it is the result of angry people.

I feel very strongly about this and I am getting weary of having to explain to people that what they believe, that they can somehow "win" a conflict with terror, is one of the most naive and preposterous conclusions one can come to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
So, Let's assume you are president. What would you do? Wait until Iran gets nuclear weapons? Someone with the intelligence of a 8th grader can understand that if they get the ability to produce nukes that exponentially increase the danger that we live in. Not because we should be afraid of Iran nuking us, but for the simple reason that they are not producing them for defensive purposes rather offensive. Iran WILL sell them and has already declared publicly that they would. These are facts not right wing ideas. So I want to know what your plan would be to deal with Iran.
I would do everything Ron Paul would do. Become familiar with him. he seems to have what it takes to put this country back on track.

We don't need to deal with Iran. To somehow think that Iran of all countries is somehow the mastermind of a nuclear arms black market is suffice to say, laughable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362 View Post
Let me ask this question. Do you know where to start? Do you know how to defeat an imposing threat?
Yes, but there is little to no threat. It is mostly in your head.

Quote:
The problem is not just in our back yard. If there was a forest fire burning out of control, would you wait until it was in your back yard to fight it, or would you help to fight it before it got to you or your friends and family.
Forest fires are not intelligent, do not blaze for political reasons, and are a necessary process of nature. Your analogy is irrelevant.

Quote:
I personally do think for myself, and am not going to be steamrolled by political BS, and soft lifeless puppets. This country did not get to where its at today, by rolling over and playing dead when faced with a challenge, or imposing threat. I do believe our national anthem says "land of the free, and home of the brave". Not land of the controlled, and home of the gullible.
I agree. So even though you may believe you think for yourself, you align yourself with the motives of the same people that seek to control you.

Quote:
As for our soldiers . Show some respect, and dignity for the men and women risking there lives to make this country a place we like to call home. The deaths that occur are tragic, and painful. But do people call the soldiers lost in or historic battles shameless deaths? No, because without there bravery, most of us would not be here today.
You think I don't show soldiers respect? I go on our military bases every week and meet with them. You think the shuffling going on in Iraq is historic? You are part right. It is a historic BLUNDER of epic proportions.

Mr. "Show some respect", why don't you ask some soldiers on their opinion about where we should be? They RECOGNIZE that this "war" is a farce. They AGREE that we should never have went in. They want OUT as much as I want them to be out.
Don't try to pin me as the bad guy here "for not showing respect" when it is you who do not respect the opinion of the soldiers themselves.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.